I guess you can say these are amazing, because they disappeared via my new roommates. I guess ‘try one’ means ‘eat all but 2’. I’ll be taking all baked goods to my room now…One helped me, because none of them have baked before. Still. The next day I was asked to spend the night showing them how to bake more. No thanks, I have other plans.
Recipe from here.
- 1 cup of unsalted butter
- 1 3/4 cup flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ginger
- 4 eggs at room temp
- 1 cup sugar
- the zest of one orange
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup grated carrots
- more sugar and salt
1) Melt the butter in a pan over medium high heat. Be careful that it does not burn, but just that the foam rises to the top and the butter is golden brown, about 3 minutes after it melts.
2) Allow to cool.
3) Preheat the oven to 375F/175C.
4) Mix the flour, baking powder, cinnamon and ginger together.
5) In a large bowl, mix the eggs, sugar, orange zest, vanilla and salt until there is a ribbon texture, in that the batter follows the spoon.
6) Add the carrots and then the dry mixture and fold in.
7) Add the brown butter and mix.
8) Butter the muffin pan.
9) Add the batter to the muffin pan.
10) Pinch sugar and salt on top.
11) Bake for about 18 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.