The end of the week came and I had some left over vegetables so I thought I would just saute them and have them with pasta. After a bit of cooking I saw that I had heavy cream that I probably was not going to be using for anything else anytime soon (at least soon enough before it expires) so I threw it in too, not expecting much and it was delicious.
- 2 TBSP oil
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 carrot, sliced thin
- 1 potato, sliced thin
- 1/4 cup broccoli, chopped
- 1/4 cup jalapeno slices
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes, quartered
- 1 cup heavy cream
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup grated cheese
1) Heat the oil in a large pan to medium-low heat.
2) Add the onion and garlic and cook until the onion is soft, but nothing is starting to brown.
3) Add the carrot and potato and salt, making sure they are spread out and not stuck together and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring often so they do not stick or burn. If necessary, add a lid to the pan to get them to cook faster.
4) Add the broccoli and jalapenos and cook for 1 minute.
5) Add the tomato and cook for 2 minutes.
6) Add the heavy cream and increase the heat to high.
7) Once it boils, bring it to a simmer and add the pepper and cook until it thickens (or until you’re tired of waiting)
8) Serve on the pasta, covered in cheese and with more jalapenos on top.