More muffins! I’ve been eating them every morning before taking the T to get to the gym at work so I need something as ‘mini breakfast’, ‘pre breakfast’ or ‘breakfast part 1’ whatever you want to call it, otherwise I’m starving at the gym.
Recipe from here.
- 1/2 cup sugar + more for the top
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon + more for the top
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted, cooled
- 2 cups apples, grated (I used 3 granny smith apples)
1) Preheat the oven to 400F.
2) In a large bowl whisk the sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and flour.
3) In a medium bowl, whisk the egg, milk and butter.
4) Mix the wet into the dry. It will be quite dry now.
5) Add the apple in and mix.
6) Add the batter to the muffin pan, sprinkle sugar and cinnamon on top.
7) Bake for 20-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
8) Allow to cool for 5 minutes.