We had lots of Parmesan leftover from having a block with no rind, and then needing a rind and still having a whole block left. I thought this was a good way to use it up.
Recipe taken from here.
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 20 oz frozen spinach, thawed via the microwave and with the water squeezed out
- 1/4 cup milk
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup Mozzarella cheese
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp paprika
1) Heat the oven to 425F.
2) Heat the oil in a LARGE pan to medium heat.
3) Add the garlic and onion and cook for 5 minutes or until lightly browned.
4) Add the spinach to the onion mixture and coo for 2-3 minutes.
5) Add the milk and cream cheese.
6) Remove from the heat.
7) Add the Parmesan, Mozzarella, pepper and paprika and mix.
8) Spray a baking dish with cooking spray.
9) Pour the dip into the pan.
10) Heat for 20 minutes or until golden brown around the edges.
11) Serve with baguette slices.