I wanted chocolate. I still want chocolate. Hmmmm…Recipe taken from here.
- 10 TBSP unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 cup + 2 TBSP flour
- 1/4 cup coca powder
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 8 oz semisweet or bittersweet chocolate, roughly chopped
- 4 oz cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
1) Preheat the oven to 350F/175C.
2) Rub butter in an 8 inch pan.
3) Line the bottom and 2 sides with baking paper.
4) Rub again with butter.
5) In a small bowl, mix flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt.
6) Melt and mix the (8 oz) butter and chocolate in a double broiler, or bowl over a pot of boiling water.
7) Remove from the heat.
8) Add 1 cup of the sugar and mix.
9) Add 3 of the eggs and mix.
10) Add the flour mixture and mix until moist.
11) Mix the cream cheese and 2 oz butter until smooth.
12) Add the remaining 1/4 cup of sugar, egg, and flour.
13) Spoon the chocolate mixture and cream cheese mixture alternately into the pan.
14) Swirl with a knife.
15) Bake 50-60 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. The cream cheese on top should be golden.
16) Cool for 30 minutes in the pan.