Celebratory drink for getting a job last week. Started this week. Crazy tired all the time now, but I bet it’s from getting used to being up so early and doing stuff all day.
- 1 shot of dark rum
- enough apple cider to fill the glass
- juice of 1/2 of a lemon
1) Mix all together.
SO MANY RASPBERRIES. I don’t know what to do with the left over ones…besides drink them.
- 1 shot of vodka
- handful of raspberries
1) Add ice, vodka, and raspberries to the glass.
2) Top with sprite.
For Korean Memorial Day (June 6th) almost everyone had the day off and some of my friends had a BBQ. I brought Sangria and forgot to take a picture. Recipe taken from here.
- 1 bottle of white wine
- 3 cups of sprite
- 1/2 cup dark rum (I used 151)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 cups pineapple
- 4 apples
- 1 cup mango
- 1 orange
1) Mix all the ingredients.
2) Serve cold.
I had a lot of carrots and mushrooms left over from all the other cooking I’ve been doing (and I’ve still got more mushrooms) and because I buy at the market in Korea and always tend to get 10x as much as I want of any one thing but for a super cheap price.
- 3 TBSP olive oil
- 3 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 cups of mushrooms, chopped
- 1 can of tomatoes
- 2 cups of cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1/4 cup vodka
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup of cabbage
- Parmesan cheese
1) Heat the olive oil on medium heat.
2) Add the garlic and cook for 2 minutes, until it starts to brown.
3) Add the onion and cook for 3 minutes, until the onion begins to soften.
4) Add the carrots and cook for 5 minutes, until they begin to soften.
5) Add the mushrooms, tomatoes, cherry tomatoes, vodka, salt and pepper and cook for about 10 minutes.
6) Add the cabbage and cook until it is wilted, about 2 minutes.
6) While this is happening cook the pasta. Traditionally I would say to finish cooking the pasta in the sauce but that does not work for me with only 1 burner.
7) Top with Parmesan cheese before serving.
A great Italian drink to have as a palate cleanser or desert liquor, especially around holidays or on a hot day (so, really, anytime)
- 1L of vodka
- the rinds of 8 lemons
- 1L of water
- 4 cups of sugar
1) Add the lemon rinds to the vodka in a sealed container and let sit for at least 4 days.
2) After the 4 days, heat the water and sugar until the sugar is dissolved and let cool.
3) Remove the lemon rind and add the sugar water (simple syrup).
4) Serve chilled.