Boston’s weather has been all over the place recently, going from 30 to 60 and back in a day. When we first saw that it was going to be 40, my friend said he wanted something from the Crock Pot. So, here it is (was?).
Recipe from here.
- cooking spray
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 medium carrots, finely grated
- 1 cup of white mushrooms
- 1 can of mushroom soup
- 2 cans of cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 8 cups of water
- 3 bay leaves
- 5 black peppercorns
1) Spray a large pan and heat to medium.
2) Add onion until golden brown.
3) Add carrots and cook for another 3 minutes or so.
4) Increase the heat to high and add the mushrooms.
5) Cook until they are golden brown.
6) Add the mushroom soup and cook until it is simmering.
7) Throw everything into a crock pot.
8) Cover and cook for 4 hours on high or 6-8 hours on low.