Delicious. I’d double the amount below. Recipe taken from here.
- 4 oz cream cheese, cut into pieces and freeze overnight
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 TBSP sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 TBSP butter, melted
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 TBSP water
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1 TBSP lemon juice, or the juice of 1/2 of a lemon
1) Cut the cream cheese into small pieces.
2) Mix the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and sugar in a large bowl.
3) Mix the milk, egg and butter in a small bowl.
4) Mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
5) Mix in the cream cheese.
6) Heat a pan over medium heat and melt a bit of butter in it.
7) Pour 1/4 cup of the mixture into the pan and cook until it bubbles, then flip it.
8) Cook though, about 2 minutes.
9) Repeat with the rest of the batter.
10) Bring the blueberries, water, sugar to a boil.
11) Reduce and simmer for 5 minutes.
12) Mix the water and cornstarch in a small bowl.
13) Add the cornstarch mixture to the blueberry sauce and cook until it thickens.
14) Pour sauce over pancakes.