Again from Tamarino in Luang Prabang
I don’t normally like sweet rice, but I LOVED this.
- 300 grams rice
- 8 fl oz coconut cream or milk
- 100 grams sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- toppings: strawberries, mint, toasted coconut, sesame seeds, mango, sliced banana, or other fruit
1) Make the rice per the instructions.
2) Heat the coconut milk/cream, sugar, and salt in a saucepan until the sugar is dissolved.
3) Remove the rice from the steamer and pour the sauce over it (leaving a bit), and allow to stand for 15 minutes.
3) Alternatively, if the rice is cold, add the rice to the coconut milk/cream mixture and cook until the mixture is bubbling and most of the moisture is gone.
4) Serve with more of the sauce (if left over) and toppings.