- Sweet chili sauce
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 1 TBSP salt
- 2 tsp garlic
- 1/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 red spur chili
- For wrapping
- 2 tsp tapioca flour or corn starch
- 3 TBSP water
- spring roll wrappers
- For the filling:
- 100 grams clear glass noodles
- 1 TBSP vegetable oil (for stir fry)
- 1 TBSP garlic, chopped
- 1 cup tofu
- 1/2 TBSP fish sauce
- 1 pinch white sugar
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
- 6 cups vegetable oil (for frying)
1) Pound the red spur chili and garlic.
2) Simmer everything until the sauce is thick.
3) Mix the tapioca flour in water stirring over low heat until it becomes glue for brushing and sealing the spring roll wrappers.
4) Soak the noodles into warm water for about 10 minutes and cut them into 2 cm.
5) Heat the stir fry oil in a wok with the garlic.
6) Add all the ingredients and cook for about 10 minutes.
7) Place the filling into the bowl and set aside.
8) Place a spoonful into the center of the spring roll wrapper.
9) Turn the bottom edge over the filling.
10) Fold the left and right sides.
11) Roll the wrapper almost to the top.
12) Brush with the tapioca and seal.
13) Heat the frying oil to medium.
14) Deep fry until crispy and golden brown.
15) Serve with sauce.