The best desert I’ve probably ever had or made (even though we didn’t do much of the making in the class).
- 5 small ripe bananas
- 1/4 cup wheat flour or all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup rice flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup grated coconut or desiccated coconut
- 3 TBSP white sesame seeds
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup water
- 4 cups vegetable oil (for frying)
1) Peel the bananas and cut into 2 pieces lengthwise.
2) Mix the wheat flour, rice flour, sugar, grated coconut, white sesame seeds, and salt together.
3) Add water if the batter seems dry.
4) Heat the oil over medium heat.
5) Dip the banana into the batter generously.
6) Deep fry the bananas until golden brown.
7) Serve with coconut ice cream.