I still have tons of orzo left and I’m going to have to find more and more ways to use it up.
Recipe taken from here, with some changes.
- 1/2 TBSP butter or oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 6 oz mushrooms, quartered
- 5 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 3/4 cup vegetable broth/stock
- 3/4 cup water
- juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 2/3 cup orzo
1) Heat the butter or oil in a pot.
2) Add the onion, mushrooms, garlic and cook for about 10 minutes, or until the onions and mushrooms are soft.
3) Add the vegetable broth/stock, water, lemon juice, lemon zest, rosemary and bring to a boil.
4) Add the orzo and salt and cook for 10 minutes.
5) If the water is not evaporated, strain the pasta before serving.