I looked around at a few different frittata recipes and came up with this one.
- 2 TBSP vegetable oil
- 4 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 leek, just the leafy green part, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 jalapeno, chopped
- 1 unpacked up spinach
- 7 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup cheese (I used a mix of shredded ‘pizza’ [mozzarella] cheese and grated Parmesan cheese)
- 1 TBSP dried basil
- 1/2 TBSP dried oregano
- 1/2 TBSP dried rosemary
- salt and pepper
- 4 green onions, chopped
1) Add the vegetable oil to a large pot on medium heat (I used the one I cook soup in as it has a wide bottom and high sides so they eggs and vegetables would not overflow out and it has a top).
2) Add the garlic and onion and cook for 3-5 minutes, until the onion is soft.
3) Add the green pepper, leek, jalapeno and cook for another 3-5 minutes or until the leek is soft.
4) Mix the eggs, milk, cheese, dried basil, dried oregano, dried rosemary, salt and pepper.
5) Add the spinach, place the lid on the pot and cook for 1-2 minutes, until the spinach is wilted.
6) Pour the egg mixture into the pot, top with green onion, turn the heat to low, put the lid on top and cook until the egg is cooked though, about 10 minutes, checking occasionally.
7) Remove from heat and slice and serve with pesto.