Recipe taken from here and made smaller. I also didn’t have ramekins to bake them at the end to melt the cheese so I put the lid back on.
- 2 TBSP olive oil
- 1/3 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 3 tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4-1/3 cup tomato sauce
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried basil + more for the top
- 1 tsp sugar
- salt and pepper
- 3 eggs
- handful of shredded mozzarella
1) Heat the olive oil to medium heat in a large pan.
2) Add the red bell pepper, onion, and garlic and saute for about 5 minutes.
3) Add the tomatoes, tomato sauce, oregano, basil, sugar and salt and pepper and bring to a boil, then to a simmer for 10 minutes.
4) Crack the eggs into the sauce and put a lid on the pan, checking often, for about 5 minutes, or until the yolk is still soft (jiggly) and the white is solid.
5) Top with mozzarella cheese and more basil and place the lid back on for 1 minute.