Boyfriend said he wanted something with leeks so I made this! Recipe taken from here.
- 2 TBSP butter
- 2 leeks, washed and chopped
- 2 tsp rosemary
- 3 cups vegetable stock/broth
- 1 pound potatoes
- 3/4 cup milk
- salt and pepper
- 1 bunch of parsley
- olive oil
1) Melt the butter in a large pot.
2) Add the leeks and salt and cook until soft, about 8 minutes.
3) Add the rosemary, stock/broth, and potatoes and cook for 20 minutes or until you can stick a fork in the potatoes with ease.
4) Move to a blender and pulse until smooth. Or use an immersion blender.
5) Move back to the pot and add the milk and pepper and mix.
6) Boil water.
7) Add the parsley for 30 seconds.
8) Remove the parsley and pat dry.
9) Chop or puree and mix with olive oil.
10) Top the soup with the parsley oil.