Raspberries have been super cheap (well, in retrospect of the amount you get vs other fresh fruit in Korea) recently so I wanted to make a few things with raspberries in them. My boyfriend has also been getting on to me about using up the chocolate bars in my freezer before he eats them all (there’s 3 big bars…or was…). Recipe taken from here.
- 3 cups flour
- 4 TBSP baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar + more for the tops
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup of milk
- 1/2 cup oil (not olive)
- 1 tsp vanilla or rum (or any dark liquor)
- 2/3 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 1/4 cup raspberries
1) Preheat the oven to 425F/220C or toaster oven to 200C.
2) In a large bowl mix the flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
3) In a medium bowl mix the eggs, 3/4 cup sugar, and brown sugar.
4) Add the milk, oil and vanilla/rum and mix.
5) Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture, being sure not to overmix.
6) Add the chocolate chips and mix a bit more.
7) Add the raspberries and fold in, trying not to break them.
8) Pour into baking tins.
9) Bake for 5 minutes, before lowering the heat to 375F/170C or toaster oven to 140C and bake for another 20-25 minutes or until the tops are browning.
10) Let cool for 10 minutes before removing from baking tins.