I asked for risotto, but I got orzo from my mom instead. I’ve never cooked with it so I’ve found a few recipes that I’m trying. In this one I left in the garlic, when the recipe says to take it out because why not?
- 1/2 cup uncooked orzo
- 2 TBSP olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, sliced
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 TBSP lemon juice
- 2 TBSP oregano
1) Cook the orzo in salted water.
2) Drain and let sit.
3) Heat the oil in a large pan to low-medium heat.
4) Add the garlic and cook until it begins to brown, 3-5 minutes.
5) Remove from the heat and add the tomatoes, lemon juice, and oregano.
6) Add the orzo and pepper, mix and serve.