- vegetable oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 2 eggs
- salt and pepper
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- handful of spinach
- 2 slices of cheddar cheese
1) Heat the oil in a pan to medium heat.
2) Add the garlic and red onion and cook until the garlic is browned and the red onion is starting to turn black, about 6 minutes. This adds a nice flavor that you don’t always get.
3) Mix the eggs, salt and pepper, basil and oregano together in a cup.
4) Add the eggs to the pan.
5) When the eggs are solid on the bottom and just a bit runny on top, add the spinach and the cheese and flip the side over itself.
6) Cook a bit longer until the omelette sticks together.