When I bought tortillas in a shop in Jagalchi, Busan, Korea, an old lady, grabbed them, held them up, and asked the clerk what they were for. She shook her head. I was so sad and hope someday I stop thinking of that whenever I see tortillas. The old lady’s teeth were brown-yellow and stuck out at 75-90 degree angles, so I hope that image goes away soon too…
- 2 TBSP vegetable oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1/4 red onion, chopped
- 3-4 mushrooms, chopped small
- 1/2 jalapeno, chopped
- 1 cup of spinach, chopped
- salt and pepper
- red pepper powder
- 2 tortillas
- cheese–I had slices and used 4 but 1/4-1/2 a cup of shredded should work too
1) Heat the oil in a large pan to medium.
2) Add the garlic and onion and cook until it starts to brown.
3) Add the salt, mushroom and jalapeno and cook for 2-3 minutes.
4) Add the spinach and pepper and cook until the spinach is wilted, about 1-2 minutes.
5) Remove from the pan.
6) Add the red pepper powder to the pan (and turn the fan on) and add one of the tortillas.
7) Add half the cheese, the veggies, the rest of the cheese and another tortilla with more red pepper powder on top.
8) Flip when the cheese is melted 100% on the bottom and starting to on the top. You can pull it apart to check. Should be about 2-3 minutes.
9) Remove when you cannot easily pull it apart anymore. Should be another minute.
10) Top with green onion and serve with salsa (and guacamole and sour cream if you can get it)