My Korean coworker got married 2 weekends ago and went straight to Hawaii. I wanted to make something American to welcome her back and what’s more American than brownies? or peanut butter and jelly? Oh wait…
Recipe taken from here.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup peanut butter + more for the top
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp vanilla/rum
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- jelly (without many chunks) to top
1) Heat the oven to 350F/170C or toaster oven to 140C.
2) Melt the butter in a pan.
3) Add the peanut butter and melt and mix.
4) Pour the butter mixture into a large bowl with the light brown sugar and mix.
5) Add the egg and vanilla and mix.
6) Add the flour and salt and mix.
7) Pour into your baking tin(s).
8) Top with peanut butter and jelly and swirl.
9) Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean (the top might still mark it though, so watch out).