This should work best with carrots that are grated kind-of thick, as opposed to shredded which was all I could do. Recipe taken from here. You definitely don’t need a fryer to do it, but I’d love to have one.
- vegetable oil
- 1 block of tofu, sliced and dried a bit
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- 2/3 cups carrots, grated or shredded
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup grated ginger
- 3 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 3 TBSP soy sauce
- 2 TBSP vinegar
- 1 TBSP sesame oil
- 1/2 cup sugar (I used brown because I was out of white and it tasted great still)
- red pepper powder
1) Add the vegetable oil to a large pan and heat to medium-high.
2) Add the tofu and cook until browned on both sides (time depends on how hot your oil is.
3) Remove the tofu and let sit on paper towels to remove the oil.
4) Add the olive oil and heat to medium.
5) Add the carrots, green onion, ginger, and garlic and cook for 3-5 minutes.
6) Add the soy sauce, vinegar, sesame oil, sugar and red pepper powder and stir to dissolve.
7) Let simmer for 10-15 minutes.
8) Add the tofu, mix to cover and cook for 2-3 minutes or until heated though.
9) Serve with rice.