For the little amount of ingredients with strong flavors, this has a lot. Especially since I left out cilantro because it was a hassle for me to get at the time. Recipe taken from here.
- vegetable oil
- 1 block of tofu, sliced and dried a bit
- 1 TBSP ginger, grated
- 1 TBSP garlic, grated
- 5 green onions, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, chopped
- 1 can of corn
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 small carrot, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- salt and pepper
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp flour, mixed with 2 TBSP water
- 1 TBSP vinegar
- 1 TBSP soy sauce
1) Heat the oil to medium heat.
2) Add the tofu and fry for 3-5 minutes on each side, or until browned.
3) Let sit on paper towels to dry the oil.
4) If there is no oil left in the pan, add about 1 TBSP.
5) Add the ginger, garlic, green onion (half of it) and jalapeno and cook for 1 minute.
6) Add the corn, bell pepper, and carrot and cook for 10 minutes, or until vegetables are cooked.
7) Add the salt, pepper, honey and the rest of the green onion and cook for 2 minutes.
8) Add the flour mixed with water and cook for 2 minutes.
9) Add the vinegar, soy sauce and tofu and cook for 5 minutes.
10) Serve on rice and topped with more green onion.