Recipe taken from here. And I’m finally all out of bananas!
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips (I used a mixture of dark and milk)
- 2 bananas, mashed
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 tsp rum/vanilla extract
1) Heat the oven to 350F/175C or toaster oven to 140C.
2) Melt the chocolate in a pan or microwave and let sit while you do the rest of the mixing.
3) Mash the banana with the sugars until it is almost smooth.
4) Add the canola oil and eggs and mix.
5) Add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and sugar and mix.
6) Add the buttermilk and rum and mix.
7) Take one cup of the batter and mix it with the chocolate.
8) Pour the banana batter into the pan(s). Add the chocolate batter. Add more banana batter and more chocolate batter. Swirl with a knife.
9) Bake for 40 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean and the top is browning.