Taken from It Must’ve Been Something I Ate by Jeffrey Steingarten. He’s got tons of recipes in that book and it’s a great easy read. Made for a friends birthday!
I used just under the correct amount of flour….and they ran all over the baking tray and that’s why they are square in the photos. I had to cut them apart.
2 cups of flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 TBSP water
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2-2 cups chocolate chips: I used dark chocolate, milk chocolate, white chocolate, homemade nutella chips
- 1 cup of nutella
- 1/4 cup butter
1) To make the nutella chips melt the butter and nutella in a pan.
2) Pour over tin foil and freeze for 2 hours.
3) Chop into pieces.
4) Preheat the oven to 375F/190C or toaster oven to 140C.
5) In a small bowl, mix the four, salt and baking soda.
6) In a large bowl mix the butter and sugars (all 3).
7) Add the vanilla, water, and egg.
8) Add the flour mixture.
9) Add the chocolate chips
10) Bake for 10-12 minutes.
11) Allow to cool.