Made them for potluck in advance–so I’d remember to take pictures and have time to do other stuff this week.
Recipe taken from here. I thought they were a bit too dark so I added more sugar.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup + 3 TBSP sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cups dark cocoa
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 TBSP vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 10 unwrapped caramel candies, cut into pieces (they seemed to use the soft kinds but I had the hard on hand and they worked fine)
1) Preheat the oven to 350F/175C or toaster oven to 135C
2) Heat the butter in a pan.
3) Add the sugar and mix until it is combined and warm.
4) In a large bowl, beat the 2 eggs.
5) Add the cocoa powder, salt, baking powder and vanilla–it will be very dry.
6) Add the warm sugar mixture–it will be very wet now.
7) Add the flour.
8) Add the chips and caramel candies.
9) Put into a pan or pans.
10) Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
11) Allow to cool for 2-5 minutes.