Recipe taken from here. Last soup recipe for awhile!
- 3 TBSP butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cups of water
- 3 potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 3 TBSP flour
- 3 cups milk
- 1 cup of cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper
1) Melt the butter in a medium sized pan.
2) Add the onion and cook until soft, 3-5 minutes.
3) Bring the water to a boil in a large pot.
4) Add the potatoes and cook until tender, about 5-10 minutes depending on the size of your cube.
5) Drain the water, reserving 1 cup.
6) Add the onions, butter, and flour to the potatoes in the large pot.
7) Add the 1 cup of reserved water and milk and bring to a simmer.
8) Add the cheese and let simmer for 20 minutes.
9) Add salt and pepper.