Who doesn’t love Panera? And I haven’t even had it in 3 years. Probably why even though I altered this recipe it still tasted pretty good. Recipe taken from here.
- 1 TBSP + 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cups half and half
- 2 cups vegetable stock/broth
- 1 head of broccoli, chopped
- 1 cup of shredded carrot
- 1 cup of cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper
1) Melt the 1 TBSP butter in a small pan.
2) Add the onion and cook until it is soft and remove from the heat.
3) Melt the 1/4 cup butter in a large pot.
4) Add the flour and stir constantly until combined.
5) Add the half and half and stir until combined.
6) Add the vegetable stock/broth and simmer for 20 minutes.
7) Add the broccoli, carrot and onion and cook for 20 minutes.
8) Add the cheese, salt and pepper and stir until combined.