This is a thin soup with chunks, which you can easily change with a blender if you want.
Decided to stop making soups after I go to India (March 23-April 1).
Recipe taken from here.
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 large carrot, chopped
- 2 leeks, chopped
- 1/3 cup flour
- 2 cups vegetable stock/broth
- 2 cups milk
- 1 1/2 cups beer (the foam can go over, I looked for the beer itself to be at 1 1/2)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Parmesan cheese, to serve
1) Heat the oil to medium in a large pot.
2) Add the onion and garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes.
3) Add the carrot and leeks and cook for 5 minutes, or until soft.
4) Add the flour and mix until the flour is no longer white.
5) Add the vegetable stock/broth, milk and beer and cook for 5-8 minutes, or until the beer foam has disappeared.
6) Add the cheese and stir until combined.
7) Cook for 20 minutes more.
8) Serve topped with Parmesan cheese.