This is a Bobby Flay recipe, so it was taken from Food Network.
I didn’t do the apples because…I don’t have any nor access to the spices.
- 1 1/2 cup oats
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 2 TBSP sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 2 TBSP maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- vegetable oil
1) Combine the buttermilk and oats in a small bowl and let sit for 15-30 minutes.
2) Mix the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt in a large bowl.
3) Mix the eggs, milk, maple syrup, and vanilla in a medium bowl.
4) Add the buttermilk mixture to the milk mixture and stir to combine.
5) Add the milk mixture to the flour mixture and stir until combined. It will be lumpy.
7) Let sit for 15 minutes.
8) Heat the oil in a large pan on or on a griddle.
9) Make pancakes using about 1/4 cup of batter.
10) Let cook for about 2 minutes on each side.
11) Serve with maple syrup.