Even though my burner/stove top is fixed, I bought stuff for and planned on making more soups. Recipe taken from here. The recipe was altered a bit in the amount of vegetables, because I did not want to have 1/4 an onion and 1/3 of a head of broccoli sitting in my fridge for who knows how long. Their post says to use frozen broccoli, but why use frozen when you can use fresh? Also, I don’t think Korea does frozen vegetables often, unless they are already wrapped in something.
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 cups half and half
- 2 cups vegetable broth/stock
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 head of broccoli (or 2 cups), chopped
- 1 large carrot (or 1 1/2 cups), chopped
- 1 cup of cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper
1) Melt the butter in a large pot.
2) Add the flour and stir until combined.
3) Add the half and half and vegetable broth/stock and bring to a simmer. Let simmer for 20 minutes.
4) Add the onion, broccoli and carrot and let cook for 10 minutes.
5) Add the cheese, salt and pepper and cook until the cheese has melted. Remove from heat.