I’ve made these a few times before but this is the first time since the food blog was started (at least on this website). Recipe taken from here.
Usually, when you only have baking soda and a recipe calls for baking powder you can triple the amount of soda, but don’t here and it just gives it a chemical like flavor. You don’t need them to rise too much anyway.
This is perfect for one serving.
- 1 TBSP vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup oatmeal
- 1/2 cup egg whites (about 3 eggs)
- pinch of cinnamon
- pinch of baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1) Heat the vegetable oil in a small pan.
2) Mix all the ingredients together.
3) Put the batter in the pan in 2-3 pancakes.
4) After 2-3 minutes, shake the pan and if they should move freely off the bottom of the pan. Flip them.
5) After 2-3 minutes they should be cooked though. You can check by cutting one in half with the spatula.
6) Serve topped with Nutella.