The recipe was taken from here and is kinda like mashed potatoes. If you want it to be more soupy add more vegetable broth/stock.
This tastes just as good, if not better, reheated.
- 4 TBSP butter
- 2 onions, chopped
- 4 potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 2 1/2 cups vegetable broth/stock
- 1 TBSP oregano
- 1 TBSP rosemary
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper
- Parmesan cheese for garnish
1) Heat the butter in a large pot to medium heat.
2) Add the onion and cook for 5 minutes, or until soft.
3) Add the potatoes, vegetable broth/stock, oregano, rosemary and cook for 15 minutes or until the potatoes are cooked.
4) Remove the soup from the pot and put into a blender (I did mine in 2 batches, as you want the soup to only go about halfway up the blender) and blend until smooth.
5) Put the soup back into the pot and add the cheese, salt and pepper and stir until warmed though and combined.
6) Serve topped with pepper and more cheese (I used Parmesan cheese).