Last tomato soup for awhile. They have all tasted quite different. Recipe taken from here with a few changes.
- 2 TBSP olive oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1/2 TBSP rosemary
- 1/2 TBSP oregano
- 2 TBSP flour
- 2 cups vegetable broth/stock
- salt and pepper
- 1 TBSP honey
- 3 1/2 cups diced tomatoes
- 3 TBSP basil + more for garnish
- 1/2 cup milk
- Parmesan cheese to garnish
1) Heat the olive oil to medium in a large pot.
2) Add the onion and let cook for 3-5 minutes, until soft.
3) Add the garlic, rosemary, and oregano and cook for 2-3 minutes.
4) Add the flour and mix.
5) Add the stock/broth, salt and pepper and honey and bring to a simmer.
6) Add the tomatoes and bring to a simmer again and cook for 10 minutes.
7) Add the basil and milk and cook for 2-3 minutes and heat through.
8) Serve topped with extra Basil and Parmesan cheese.