A friend who likes red wine is leaving soon so I made a red wine chocolate cake! Taken from here.
- 2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup of butter, room temp
- 1 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/4 cup red wine
1) Preheat the oven to 350F/176C or toaster oven to 170C.
2) Mix the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl.
3) Mix the butter and sugar together in a large bowl.
4) Add the eggs and vanilla.
5) Fold in the flour mixture, alternating with the red wine.
6) Poor into a pan and bake for 45 min (large pan) or 10 minutes (small pans).