I don’t think they will ever fix my burner. Recipe taken from here but with a few changes.
- 6 cups cherry tomatoes
- salt and pepper
- 3 TBSP olive oil
- 2 TBSP butter
- 6 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tsp hot pepper paste or flakes
- 28 oz chopped tomatoes
- 4 cups vegetable stock/broth
- 1 tsp rosemary
1) Heat an oven to 450F/232C or toaster oven to 180C.
2) Mix the cherry tomatoes, salt and pepper and 2 TBSP olive oil.
3) Place on a baking tray and cook until they are shriveled, about 30 minutes (yes, they all fit in a toaster oven!). They will look a bit soupy in the middle when the juices start to leave, but keep cooking until they start to turn black/brown.
4) Heat the 1 TSP olive oil with butter in a large pot.
5) Add the garlic, onion and hot pepper paste and cook until the onion is soft, about 5-10 minutes.
6) Add the chopped tomatoes, vegetable stock/broth, rosemary and roasted cherry tomatoes and simmer for 40 minutes.
7) Use an immersion blender or transfer the soup to a blender and puree.
8) Serve topped with pesto.