Still on soups because I can’t cook much else with a burner that only does high. If it’s not fixed next week I’m gonna go crazy! Recipe taken from here.
It tastes like pizza.
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 7 cups of diced tomatoes in juice
- 1 cup of water
- 2 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp sugar
- salt and pepper
- 1 rind of Parmesan cheese, optional
- 1 cup of yoghurt
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
1) Heat the oil in a large pot.
2) Add the onion and cook for 3-5 minutes until soft. You will have to stir often as it is not a lot of oil.
3) Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute.
4) Add the tomatoes, water, oregano, sugar, salt and pepper, and Parmesan cheese rind. Cook for 10-30 minutes.
5) Remove the rind.
6) Add the yoghurt and cheddar cheese and stir until blended.
7) Use an immersion blender or pour the soup into a blender, if necessary. My tomatoes were pretty small, so I didn’t have to.
8) Garnish with basil and cheddar cheese.