This is in a very simple tomato soup recipe, but it’s fantastic. Recipe comes from here.
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 8 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp red pepper paste
- 5 cups of chopped tomatoes, it ended up being 5 tomatoes
- 1 tsp oregano
- 2 cups vegetable broth/stock
- Basil, to serve
- Parmesan cheese, to serve
1) Heat the olive oil in a large pot to medium heat.
2) Add the onions and saute until soft, about 5 minutes.
3) Add the garlic and red pepper paste and saute for 1 minute.
4) Add the tomato, oregano and salt and cook for 10 minutes, until the moisture cooks down.
5) Add the broth/stock and cook for 10 minutes.
6) Serve with basil and Parmesan (optional).