Recipe comes from here with a few changes due to being in Korea.
- 1 TBSP vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 stalks of leeks, sliced
- 3 carrots, sliced
- 3 sweet potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 3 cups of corn
- 2-4 cups vegetable stock/broth (depends on how big your vegetables are!)
- 2 1/2 cups milk (or there about, whatever it takes to cover the vegetables)
- 2 TBSP butter, melted into 1/4 cup boiling water
- 1 bunch of cabbage
- water or stock, if necessary
- salt and pepper
- Parmesan cheese
1) Heat the oil in a large pot.
2) Add the onion and cook for about 5 minutes, or until tender.
3) Add the celery, carrots, sweet potatoes, corn and vegetable stock and let simmer for 5 minutes.
4) Add enough milk to cover the vegetables and bring to a boil.
5) Reduce the heat and let simmer for 20 minutes or until the vegetables are soft.
6) Remove from the heat and add the butter.
7) Blend some of the soup using a hand held blender, or scoop some out (I scooped out 2 cups) and put it into a blender and puree and return to the pot.
8) Add the cabbage and return to heat, adding water if necessary (I didn’t), and cook until the cabbage is tender.
9) Season with salt and pepper.
10) Serve with Parmesan cheese.