Expect to see a ton of soups, they are healthy (usually, except when you add cheese like here). This one comes from here, but leaves out the spices as they are hard to find here, and when you DO find them, they are often mixes of a bunch of different spices. I think it will be like an explosion of non-Asian flavors when I go back to the US or Europe.
- 2 TBSP vegetable oil
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 TBSP flour
- 4 cups vegetable stock/broth
- 4 potatoes, diced
- 2 cups of corn
- 1/2 cup milk
- salt and pepper
- Parmesan cheese
1) Heat the oil in large pot.
2) Add the green onion and cook until it begins to brown.
3) Add the flour and stir until mixed.
4) Add the stock, mix until dissolved, and bring to a boil.
5) Lower to a simmer, and add the potatoes until soft, 10-20 minutes depending on how big you left the potatoes.
6) Add the corn and milk and cook for 5 minutes.
7) Add the salt and pepper and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
8) Serve with Parmesan cheese.