- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 TBSP butter
- 2 TBSP flour
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup of milk
- 1/4 cup 1/2 and 1/2
- 3 cups of potatoes, peeled and sliced thin
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (I have slices that I rip up)
2) Saute the onions and butter until the onions are soft but not brown.
3) Add the flour, salt and pepper and stir.
4) Add the milk and 1/2 and 1/2 and stir until it begins to thicken, about 3-5 minutes.
6) Add 1 1/2 cups of the cheese and stir until melted.
7) Add the potatoes and stir until combined.
8) Pour the mixture into a dish and cover with tin foil. Bake for 30 minutes.
9) Remove the foil and add the rest of the cheese and bake for another 15 minutes.