I used to HATE bread pudding. It was always just mushy bread to me. Until I had it in Ireland. In Ireland, french toast does not have cinnamon, so they load it in here, which I did not have in America. I also relate it to catering because it’s a pretty easy desert for them to do.
- 3 pieces of bread
- 1 TBSP butter, melted
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1 cup of milk
- 3/8 cup sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla
2) Tear the bread apart and put it into the baking dish(es).
3) Pour the melted butter over the bread.
4) Mix the eggs, milk, sugar, cinnamon and vanilla.
5) Pour the egg mixture over the bread.
6) Cook for 25 minutes, or until the bread seems hard but springs to the touch.