Had lots of dried cranberries and a package of Jiffy cornbread from care packages from America so why not combine them and make this?!
There was a disaster at one point, when the tray of baking tins fell on the ground.
Recipe taken from here with a few changes.
- 1 loaf of cornbread
- 2 TBSP olive oil
- 1 potato, cubed
- 1 leek, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 cups mushrooms, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 2/3 cups dried cranberries
- 1 egg, beatten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup of cabbage, shredded
2) Preheat the oven to 350F/175C
3) Heat the olive oil to low-medium heat in a large pan.
4) Add the potato, leek, carrots, mushrooms, and onion and cook for 7-10 minutes, until softened.
5) Add the garlic and cook for another minute.
7) Add the cranberries, egg and milk and mix gently.
8) Add the cabbage and cook for 1 minute more, until it begins to wilt.
9) Put the mixture into a baking dish, cover with tin foil and bake for 35 minutes. If you have a toaster oven this will take about 20 minutes.
10) Remove the tin foil and cook for another 10 minutes until the top is brown. In a toaster oven it will be about 7.