Using leftover salad dressing from the Mushroom Salad here I’ve made another salad. Since the dressing sat for longer than I had intended it started to look like jello, but with a completely liquid bottom–the lemon and olive oil mix was jello on top and the vinegar liquid on bottom. All it took was a quick stir to get it together again.
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 TBSP olive oil
- 1 TBSP vinegar
- 1 TBSP vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 cup of mushrooms, assorted, cleaned and chopped
- 2 cups of lettuce
- handful of olives
- 2 TBSP capers
- handful of cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup carrots
- 1/2 cup of cheddar cheese (optional, I used less than this as I did not have the patience to shred it and I think it was better without)
1) Make the dressing by combining the lemon juice, olive oil and vinegar. Let sit.
2) Heat the vegetable oil to medium heat.
3) Add the onion and cook for 2-3 minutes.
4) Add the mushroom and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
5) Combine all the ingredients and top with the dressing.