- 4 mashed bananas
- 1/2 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup buttermilk*
- 1/2 TBSP lemon juice
- just under 1/2 cup milk
- 1 1/4 cup chocolate chips
2) In a medium bowl mix the bananas, butter, brown sugar, eggs and vanilla.
3) In a big bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, and salt.
4) Make a well and add the banana mixture and buttermilk and mix.
6) Bake in a bread tin for 65-70 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. As mine were mini they took about 15-20 minutes.
*to make buttermilk, put the lemon juice in a measuring cup and fill it to the 1/2 cup mark with milk. Let sit for 5 minutes.