A friend is allergic to eggs, so when I made this recipe I made it in two bowls, splitting everything. One batch (red bowl) used 1 banana and the other batch (yellow bowl) used 1 egg. The recipe below will talk about using 2 eggs, but if you ever don’t want to use eggs while cooking, uses bananas! (or applesauce)
- 1/2 cup + 6 TBSP butter, softened
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 cups quick/old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
2) In a large bowl, mix the butter, brown sugar, and sugar until creamy.
3) Add the eggs (or banana) and vanilla and mix.
4) Add flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt and mix.
4) Add the oats, raisins, and dried cranberries and mix.
6) Bake for 8-10 minutes or until light golden brown on top.
7) Cool for 1 minute before removing from the cookie sheets.