The initial recipe had a topping, but I forgot about it, didn’t have pecans, and the oven was preheated, so I skipped it.
- 8 TBSP butter, seperated
- 2 cups oats
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/3 cups packed light brown sugar
- 1 3/4 cups milk
- 2 large eggs, beaten
2) Add the oats and cook until they are golden brown and it smells like popcorn in the kitchen, about 5-6 minutes.
3) Move the oats to a food processor or blender and blend until fine.
4) Add the flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda to the oats and blend until combined.
6) Add the milk and eggs and mix until smooth.
7) Add the oat mixture, slowly.
8) Preheat the oven to 375F and let the batter sit.
9) Put the batter in your muffin tins (or whatever you are using, in my case…) and bake for 18-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.