I found a recipe similar to this on my phone, but it took a lot longer and I knew I would be starving when I got home from work so decided to make it the quick way. Their way involved roasting, cooling, marinating for a day and then eating. Ugh. Too long.
This recipe sounds quite boring and plain, but the capers give it a nice punch of sour and salt.
- 1/4 cup of olive oil, divided
- 4 bell peppers, different colors for more fun, sliced pretty thin (1/4 inch)
- salt and pepper
- 2 TBSP capers
- 2 TBSP fresh parsley
- 1 ball of mozzarella, sliced
2) Add the peppers, salt and pepper. Add more oil as needed and cook until they start to char.
3) Remove from the heat and plate with parsley, capers and mozzarella on top.