Since I am experimenting with my new oven I wanted to make something pretty standard, so I decided on oatmeal raisin cookies. I had also just bought oatmeal at the international market, so why not make cookies with it.
The recipe turned out a bit melt-y and the bottom crisped before I wanted it to, but this is a pretty small toaster oven, and it will improve with time. The cookies were fine though!
- 1 cup of flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 10 TBSP unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup raisins
2) Whisk flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt in a medium bowl and mix.
3) Beat the butter, sugar and brown sugar together in another (large) bowl.
4) Add the egg to the butter mixture and mix.
5) Add the flour mixture and oats and mix.
6) Add the raisins and mix.
7) Make the batter into balls and cook for about 15 minutes, until the edges start to brown and the cookie is solid on the top.
8) Allow to cool.