I was about to call this ‘tomato sauce’ but there isn’t too much tomato
- 1 cup of pasta
- vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- salt, pepper and chili powder
- 1/2 cup of mushrooms, chopped
- 1 cup of frozen vegetables (mine were broccoli, cauliflower, carrots and peppers)
- 1 can of chopped tomatoes (in the future I would use 2)
- 1/2 cup of cheddar jack cheese, chopped into cubes
2) Heat the oil in a large pan to medium heat.
3) Add the onion, salt, pepper and chili powder and cook until the onion begins to turn translucent (3-5 minutes)
4) Add the mushrooms and frozen vegetables and cook until mostly unfrozen (about 5 minutes). You may need to add more oil, if they begin to char but are frozen on the other side.
5) Add the canned tomatoes and cook until boiling.
6) Add the cheese and pasta and cook until the pasta is finished and the cheese is melted (3 minutes).